Waking up one day with blotchy spots on the face is every person’s nightmare. Acne is a very common and curable phenomenon. While there can a few varying types of it depending on the type of skin of the affected person, it is always advised to take proper care of Acne in order to avoid any lifelong scarring. Before we indulge ourselves in the treatment of Acne with Benzoyl Peroxide, it is better to first have a deep insight about Acne and the Benzoyl Peroxide for acne treatment.
A brief insight about Acne:
Acne or otherwise scientifically known as Acne Vulgaris is a kind of disease that affects the hair follicles of the face, chest or even the back and is mainly noticed in the teenagers during their puberty, although it can even happen in later stages of life. It is not caused by any bacterial activity, although the spreading and outgrowth can be due to some bacterial action.
- Blackheads or Whiteheads which are basically occluded pores that are visible on the skin.
- Pimples or zits which appear as reddish bumps on the skin.
- Pustules are bumps on the skin, specifically the face portion containing pus.
- The last but not the least is cysts.
The main reason for these little outbursts in the skin is due to the stimulation of the sebaceous or the oil glands that are present and attached to the hair follicles during the time of puberty or even due to upsurge or any change in the hormonal level. This over stimulation of these oil glands results in immature cell growth and thereby push them to form follicular pores which appear to the “Whiteheads,” further covering of these exposed pore with a thin skin layer causes the formation of “Blackhead.”
It is a myth when people say that increased intake of oily and greasy food can leave to developing Acne. Increased amount of fried, junk and greasy food may lead to making the overall body health worse, but there have been no effects as such on the formation of Acne. But it has been noticed that an increased diet of carbohydrate, dairy, and even chocolate can make Acne worse.
One of the main causes of the Acne is the harsh and vigorous washing of face, making the face go dry and thereby causing more activation of the sebaceous glands, leading to more probability of Acne formation.
There are several home made remedies that are very effective in treating Acne, be it with turmeric or even camphor at times. While these are very effective and have little to no side effect, one of the most popular treatments for Acne is the usage of Benzoyl Peroxide.
The Acne No More eBook – Get rid of acne permamently by eliminating the root cause of acne
“I highly recommend you to read this eBook. The Acne No More is an 220 page eBook that details what exactly is the root cause of acne. The best way to fight or beat something is to understand it first and what exactly is causing it. Mike Walden is an author, health consultant and certified nutritionist. Mike Walden’s Acne No More can be best described as an “Acne Bible.” This is one of the most precise, complete, and comprehensive guides to get rid of acne permanently. Click here to download
Guide To Benzoyl Peroxide For Acne Sufferers
Benzoyl Peroxide or otherwise known as Acnecide or Brevoxyl is a type of cream-based run-on skin preparation for the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
Mode of Action:
Benzoyl Peroxide is mainly found in the market in the form of ointments or creams and is often mixed with an antibiotic named “Clindamycin” for better results. The remedy with Benzoyl Peroxide comes in different names and strength in the market, some of which include 2.5%, 4%, 5%, and even 10% strength. The mode of action of the Benzoyl Peroxide can be divided into the following three steps:
- It attacks and diminishes the bacterial growth in the affected area of the skin.
- Secondly, it helps in curing and lessening the inflammation that is caused.
- And last but not the least; Benzoyl Peroxide unclogs the affected and the blocked pores on the skin surfaces which are the main reason for the Acne.
How Does Benzoyl Peroxide Work?
Usage of Benzoyl Peroxide can be a bit tricky and risky if not administered in the right dosage and follow the right steps. Some of the main points to keep in mind before using Benzoyl Peroxide are:
- It is always advised to use Benzoyl Peroxide under doctor’s supervision. Make sure that the doctor is very well aware of your medical history and the type of drugs that you intake before he prescribes the remedy.
- Any type of allergic reactions should be mentioned before application of any medicine containing Benzoyl Peroxide, because it may make it worse.
It has been mentioned time and time that it is best to use Benzoyl Peroxide under the supervision and that too with the right amount of dosage because failing to do so may lead to further health complications.
- It is always good to be very well-aware of all the contents of the ointment that you are set to use. Consult with a doctor if necessary.
- It is generally advised to apply Benzoyl Peroxide once or maybe twice a day and that too starting off with one that is of mild strength just for getting used to the ointment. This tends to keep the skin irritations to a bare minimum.
- The time duration the cream or the gels remain on the skin should be totally dependent on how long the person can withstand the same without any irritation. The normal timing of which is generally between 15-20 minutes.
- It is best to avoid applying the benzoyl peroxide in the sensitive areas of the skin or any injured or cut portion.
While the treatment involving Benzoyl Peroxide is not that harmful, a few side effects can accompany the same. It is not mandatory that everyone will encounter these side-effects. It is most likely to affect people with a very sensitive skin.
Some of the side effects include:
- Redness of the skin adjoining the affected area along with gradually itching and skin peeling. It is nothing to be afraid about because the side-effects tend to wear off in a few days.
- A certain feeling of burning sensation along with skin irritation and dry skin is one of the very less seen side-effects of the benzoyl peroxide.
Benzoyl Peroxide is one of the most effective treatments available for acne. There are many people who got rid of their acne breakouts by using this product and there are some people as well whose acne got worst due to same product. Try to take advice from your dermatologist to avoid future hassle.